February - 2014
Based in Orlando, FL, Vestagen Technical Textiles is led by President and CEO Ben Favret, an experienced healthcare industry veteran. Ben has spent more than 20 years successfully leading sales and marketing teams and launching new products. The company is backed by a group of top-tier venture capital groups (including London-based Advent Life Sciences, Alliance Healthcare Partners of Scottsdale, Arizona, Sofinnova HealthQuest Capital, Clearwell Group of Tampa, FL, and V-Ten Capital Partners of Richmond, Virginia).
Vestagen is led by a skilled management team with over a century of experience in healthcare, apparel, and meeting consumer needs. Their passion is to meet the growing needs of the healthcare community without compromising safety, comfort, or the environment by creating protective garments through technological innovation. How do they do this? The answer lies in their rights to three patented textile technologies.
- Instead of a broad surface barrier, Vestex® technology binds to the individual fibers and therefore works to keep garments clean and dry for their entire useful life.
- Vestex® antimicrobial technology is named Semeltec to honor the Father of Infection Control - Ignaz Semmelweis, M.D. Unlike other antimicrobial materials, Vestex® Semeltec technology has never been shown to cause or allow microbial adaptation or resistance.
- The hydrophilic properties of Vestex® technology enable the production of garments that wick away moisture from the inside and deliver rapid evaporation of moisture, which stimulates a cooling effect. You will visibly notice how much faster Vestex® fabrics dry. Breathable Vestex® garments are designed to deliver all day comfort by keeping you cool and dry.
Vestex products are made to last beyond 100 home or industrial washings and 5,000 abrasion cycles!
All Vestagen products are held to the highest industry and government standards. They are Hohenstein Quality Label approved, which certifies their products possess fluid repellency, skin compatibility, and wash and abrasion resistance. Additionally, their products hold the bluesign® standard, verifying the best available technology was used to create an environmentally friendly textile product.
A Quick Overview of Vestagen Products...
- REPEL DANGEROUS FLUIDS
- RESIST STAINS
- PREVENT DEGRADATION OF THE FABRIC
- WICK AWAY PERSPIRATION
- CONTROL ODORS CAUSED BY BACTERIA